We have completed the Vignette infrastructure plan and the Vignette v7 VCM (Vignette Content Management) installation. I am fairly pleased with the infrastructure so far, but the VCM installation doesn’t look as good as it initially did. As we’ve been designing the CDA (Content Delivery Application) system, we’ve noticed that the consulting company was not as careful in their design as they should have been. Especially considering our lack of experience with the product and our reliance on their recommendations. There were some indicators as we were proceeding through the project, but we had to forge on since we didn’t have the time to learn how to do the project ourselves. The most glaring problem is the lack of robustness in the content types they set up – they don’t even allow the basic functionality we had under v6.